Week 1 – Basics in Deep Details
60 minutes of lecture, 4 hours of exercises, and the first step out of seven in a mixture of technique, philosophy and rituals!
Welcome to the first week of the Tantric Rope Journey Online.
This week will focus on digging deeply in to the basics of tying, focusing on the same techniques being taught at Andy’s workshops at various tantra festivals. We will approach the subject of safety by learning what feels good in our bodies.
The philosophical lecture will focus on how to slow down and deeply experience your session. It will give you a frame to structure your session around and guide you into more meaningful meetings. To finish off the week, it offers a ritual to highlight the feeling of being served in ropes, by creating a tie specific to a subject in life, maybe it be physical challenge, being held in safety, or what is right for you.
- Attach, Wrap, and Lock (7:18)
- EXERCIS: Wrap the upper body in rope
- Arm positions (3:29)
- Sitting positions (3:02)
- Hands in-front (0:53)
- EXERCIS: Find a good body position
- From upper body to the legs (1:43)
- EXERCIS: Tie the legs
- How to slow down (9:56)
- EXERCIS: Slow session
- Soft and firm, gentle and strong (2:57)
- EXERCIS: Finding boundaries
- Starting in safety (2:51)
- How to setup a ritual space (3:49)
- EXERCIS: Create your ritual space
- EXERCIS: Do your first ritual on the theme Safety